Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sat 1/8 Day 12

Sat morning finds me in Conway SC. But it was no easy feat. After leaving my good friends house Don in Summerville(again going off AC route onto Rte17) Don actually hauled me back onto 17 at Moncks Corner I covered 50 miles then bad luck hit about 35 miles from Conway smack dab in the middle of nowhere South Carolina My rear tire blew!!!! I examined it and found an inch slice, all the way trough to the tube. I walked back and found a broken beer bottle to be my downfall .My bad luck happened right in front of a rural home. I knocked on the door and explained my situation and was hauled to Conway by Charlie and Amanda in a small Ford Mustang with the bike hanging half way out of the trunk! No bike shops are in Conway , so I lodged at a hotel and this morning I am looking for a way to get to a bike shop. Since I am out of commission. Must get a new tire......Then set my sights on Wilmington and access the weather. Wish me luck! Should have carried a folding spare tire but my good friend Dave Crow at Quick Service put the top of the line Bontrager Hard Case tires


With Kevlar on and I they have never failed me, but then again I never ran over jagged glass!!!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)














I am counting on that !!!!!!!!
It's just me and you Lord, out here on this lonely stretch of road !

Location:W Hwy 501,Conway,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment