Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 7 (60 miles)

Started out today on Hwy 1 into a strong headwind that lasted half the day.Rode the whole day on Rte 1, they keep you off of A1A on this stretch because of Cape Canaveral.Anne Paine is an enthusiastic person/ cyclist and a fantastic Warm Shower host in Melbourne.The world is a better place with her in it. Thanks Anne! And thanks for the black-eyed pea soup and wine! Due to the strong headwind today I made many stops and spoke with many people, and by days end concluded that the planets greatest untapped resource is the kindness and generosity of it's people. The many people I have encountered have offered their homes and their kindness in so many ways. They see a guy on a bike in a snazzy Free Wheelchair Mission Jersey and it brings out the best in them, and I am so blessed to have been the catalyst to allowing folks to open themselves up and "Be the Blessing".I explained about the Free Wheelchair Mission to everyone I spoke with and they all seemed moved.So often we think we are only one voice and can have little impact, not the people I have encountered. Their generosity makes me want to do more, and I hope it does you to.It's kind of like a pay it forward thing. Special thanks to Pam and Rick Watts in Ormond Beach for their help. I think I spent an hour on the phone tonight with Pam getting the low down on what to expect on the next 150 miles of the route,great help, thanks Pam! And to Nancy Christian in Oak Hill, Fl who offered to take me into their home with only 10 minutes notice (I feel so bad for getting a motel 10 miles away from a warmshowers host)And to Michael Krober back home for checking on me today, and thanks to Jerry Trager who phoned me last night as I rode alone in the dark on A1A bearing down on Melbourne approaching my 100 mile day.I always told everyone that I loved riding alone, but this trip I don't feel alone and that feels even better.
Now let's look at some pictures and If you have donated to the FWM, good work! & Forward my blog to a friend and let them get that same satisfaction you have.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)

Bought and ate Alligator Jerky!!!!!


Melbourne Downtown


Anne Paine and a weary cyclist
I have no idea why this is upside-down !!!!!!


Found a pot bellied pig Can I being him home, he looks just like my boss !!!!!!!!!


Pretty close to Orlando!!!!!



Location:Florida 5,Mims,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment