Friday, January 14, 2011

Quick Service Trek Bicycle Shop



Today I worked on the "Work Horse" The set of wheels that carried me safely on the many roads of my Trek...And yes its a TREK! I bought her about 5 years ago from Quick Service Bike Shop 701 N. Lincoln Ave. Bridgeport, Ohio. If you haven't visited them you should!They are the kind of local shop you want at your disposal.if they don't have what you need, they will get it. Kathy & Rob Reed are active in the Ohio Valley Trail Partners,promoting the trails and cycling,and have ridden themselves for years. When I needed a trail-a-bike to pull Max,(my son) on a trip on Great Allegheny Passage,Rob let me have the old one he used to use for his children,"in the day!" Max followed me for many miles before he out grew it, when he did Dave Crow was there to help me work on a used Tandem I had picked up in Pennsylvania.When I want anything done right, as far as bike mechanics Dave takes my place as "Johnny on the spot" Never needed an appointment, just bring it in and throw it on the stand,Thanks Dave! And thanks for the new tires, bottom bracket and the work you did on the old Trek to prepare me to 'log the miles' on my Free Wheelchair Mission 1000 mile ride.Kathy& Rob, your donation of parts and labor are reflective of your giving nature. Everyone kept asking ,as I migrated North,do you have snow tires, I am sure Dave would have found some if I had asked!Thanks Rob,Kathy,& Dave,you know how to treat and keep customers and your support of the Free Wheelchair Mission, speaks for itself,You are THE BLESSING! I have taken all my racks and touring gear off of the old trek and have her ready as soon as I see dry pavement to roll again, She has about 8000 miles on her, and I know Dave keeps telling me I need a new bike and my wife keeps telling me I don't! Perhaps someday she will wear out(not my wife!) The bike, and you will be able to take a new one out of the box,rather than to help me pack the old one,as you did to ship to Florida.Until then look for me,come spring,and keep the doors to your shop and to your generosity always open. We all benefit when we strive to serve others. Thanks from me and the Free Wheelchair Mission for greatly helping to make my fundraising ride a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment