Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 9 Wed Jan 4

60 miles St Augustine to Amellia Island Fl. Got within 5 miles of the Mayport Ferry which is the only crossing of the for a cyclist on A1A and received a call from Sallie in Amellia Island that the Ferry was closed until Friday! More bad luck,next it began to rain cats & dogs! Rode back to Jacksonville Beach to Cycle Spectrum Bike Shop where Travis Read when beyond the call of duty &helped me tremendously, calling people to find me a ride around my obstacle.He even put my bike on the stand and gave it a once over What a guy!!! He checked on his computer and the only way around was to go out to Interstate 95 As fate would have it 6 blocks away was an Enterprise Car Rental where Franz Hertle arranged to provide me a car for the alternative around the St Johns River. So soon I Arrived at my WS Host Sallie & Bob.
They told me that you can almost throw a stone into Georgia. So Thurs am I cross the State line! Sally and Bob had Spaghetti Dinner ready when I arrived. Did my laundry and hit the sack.No mileage lost just a glitch in the plan, The Blessing being angels in hiding as bike shop people and car rental guys placed in my path as if by fate!!! Off to drop car in Amellia Isle and head north.... The blessings continue!!!!!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)


Me. And my FRIEND Travis!!!!!


Sallie and me and coffee Up @ dawn!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment