Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 13 Sunday Jan 9th

After speaking with my Warm Shower hosts from Wilmington to Richmond, decided to bypass bad weather conditions and turn my "tire fixing rental survival car" in at Richmond, and complete the final 350 mile leg of my journey from here, My Ashland Va WS Host was out of town. So I strolled into the Ashland Coffee & Tea Shop located in the center of town where two major bicycle routes intersect, After telling everyone of my FWM ride,the owners Truman & Moya Parmele offered to Go with me to the airport 15 miles away to drop off this '4 wheel obstacle to cycling' as well as opening
up their home in the country for me to stay till morning.Steve Bailes from Capon Bridge WV helped me from afar with lodging between he & I and with route info. Spent the afternoon relaxing on the sofas and talking FWM & Cycling with some of "our" customers. After a weekend off, 2 day rest, tomorrow we ship home everything except necessary cold weather cycling gear and head out cross country making my own route home from here.Long live cold weather bicycle touring!!!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)





Sunday afternoon at the coffee shop!!!!!! Better enjoy it 350 cold miles ahead, & you gave up a perfectly good car!!!!!!


Ashland Coffee& Tea Shop Owners took me under their care






Location:N James St,Ashland,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment