Monday, June 10, 2013

"Called to Nineveh"

Most people, if not all do not believe me when I tell them that as recent as a few years ago, I would have rarely got up out of 'my' pew on a Sunday Morning,and if I did, it would have been to slip along the side of the sanctuary bound for Tarshish, heading away from where God called and commissioned me to be...as I lay in the 'belly of that boat' safe in "my own little world" bound for the path of distruction, yet masked in a false worldly, deadly security I had no idea that God was to "rock the boat" and throw me overboard into the belly of a whale who would deliver me miles for "My selfish security" and spit me out onto the shores of Nineveh. BUT here I stand on those shores, beckoned, called, commissioned and empowered by the power of The Holy Spirit to proclaim the mysteries of faith... And how does God empower us to to Present the Gospel ?... Through Conversion indeed...a conversion that is pre-destined, one which is orchestrated by God through his People...People who share their faith,who live their faith, be it by word or action, but most assuridly done through people.....through YOU, and through me... We ought to let the Samaritan woman in John 4 be our mentor. She hadn't even been saved for an hour and she had already led a multitude of people to Jesus, "And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did" (John 4:39). All she did was tell others what Jesus did for her, and ask them to come find out for themselves... "Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? Then they went out of the city, and came unto him." So all you need to do is tell /show others how precious Jesus is to you, and what He has done for you, we do this as Francis of Assisi so profoundly told us "Preach the Gospel at all times, using words when neccisary,"Indeed by the example of our lives they will know we are Christians by our Love..... I know from personal experience. There are many people out there, on the verge of suicide, or tired of life, or just LONELY for someone to care about them, and they are RIPE as Jesus said for the harvest... "Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest" (Luke 10:2). Then there are those people who are doing fine in life, but in their heart they desire the truth, like Cornelius in Acts 10--they're waiting for someone to open their eyes with the Truth of God's Word... "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1st Timothy 2:4). When we go soul-winning, we are bringing the Truth to them! The most important thing is to BE YOURSELF. People don't like phonies,and we are not comfortable being one, we are most comfortable when we are ourselves,"standing before the multitudes in our pajamas" dependant on others and on the one who calls us HIS CHILDREN. I think it would be much more appropriate to dress and act like Andy Griffin. Who doesn't like Andy Griffin? We need to be authentic, genuine,raw and open, we need to have and give an agape Love to all. Two people told me two profoud truths of late.... One person told me that "It only takes one authentic person to change the course of human history in the Universal Body of Christ" and the other person looked at me and asked," do you think you are called to Minister? following her question with what I am convinced was God's Voice...The words "I do" People will speak God's Life into you, and we are to speak it into others. ahhh the call to Nineveh... It is there for us all and calling us to its shores to proclaim God's goodness by the witness of our lives, You may be like most Heading East by sea with all your might as the storm rages around you, but rest assured, God is sending a whale to deliver you to the shores of a place here God's people cry out for conversion, salvation and the purpose for which they were created, a place where honey flows like water, and His Goodness and Mercy follow us for all the days of our eternal lives. Keep a keen eye for that whale, he comes in many forms, but all for the purpose of rescuing you from yourself and placing you on the narrow path leading to eternal joy. Choose the right fork in the road, God will lead you to it and when he does He will see you through it, and wallk with you as you are His witness to the ends of the earth. I Thank God for Sunday June 9th, for seeing His Power and Might come to earth in profoud ways,and I thank God for some specific people whom He has used to reveal Himself. Were it not for His Voice through one of His Precious, I would not be writing this Blog, I lift up that person as being one of His Chosen, who He tells us about in Matthew 22:14, and I pray a special prayer for the one who carried me in her womb and bore God's Fruit, My Mother who when I was but 9 was called Home on June 9th,(how ironic, how God Timed this June 9 date, that HE would choose to have His voice heard in the ways that He has) to be with My God and shine down on me this and all days with His Favor,Power and Authority to do "Greater things than He, for the Purpose of His Mighty Kingdom" May it ever be so for YOU. God has a plan for your life and knows when to send a whale, Arise Church Arise Read Psalm 139... We cannot run from God's Presence indeed.

1 comment: