Friday, July 26, 2013

Grace & Paying it Forward .....

I am sitting on the shore of an 'Awesome Creation of God; Lake Ontario" ... Committed to Alone time with God, I needed to get away..... Go and listen for His Voice... Contemplate His Presence... Absorb His Grace......That HE would send me here is truly by His Design... 4 years ago I loaded  my panniers, mounted my bicycle, and struck out alone headed to Niagara Falls... I even wrote a story about it .."Take it to the Falls"  ...it was an amazing trek, cycling alone for days... Encountering the Grace of strangers... It is where I feel most comfortable... A solo ambassador for HIM. It was indeed ... The other side of the fence.... You see... I have learned 2 things .... We were created to Give ... and to receive.... It's a pay it forward thing......NONE of this... NONE of us 'own' ourselves, our grace, the things we give... NONE of it is ours... IT.....as US are HIS... Our Creators.... And knowing that makes it so easy to "Give it Away... Pay it Forward"
    Encountering God through people .... That has become my calling.... He abundantly "Gives" to me ... Shows me His Grace alive in people....  A short time after I cycled to the Falls, a young couple cycled through my town, and I gave them my bed, my time, my resources... I did not neglect to entertain strangers.... I truly entertained Angels ... I do that every day .... To ALL I meet .... God sends them to me/us for one reason ... For us to Reveal His Grace.... That is HIS purpose for those He gives to you..  in your short short earthly life... If you ignore them, avoid them, He weeps.... He gives you human encounters so that YOU can reveal A GOD OF LOVE & COMPASSION.... are you doing that... or do you say... I cant expose  myself, risk myself... We all know the answer to that... we ALL yearn to give ... yet we really don't... we don't give as Jesus did... BUT we can.. and it costs us...The cost seems high... but its not... I would pay it a million times   over ... the dividends are that great... who we become is beyond comprehension... we become ALL He embodies.... The young couple of Angels that I entertained.... Were the vehicle through which God worked - Through giving His Love - giving myself, my stuff... I began to receive emails & calls from a lady who lived on the shores of Lake Ontario... She said... John... Come & stay in my lakeside cottage anytime you want.... I want to thank you for being so nice to my Grand-daughter & her boyfriend as they rode through your town.  And so here I sit in a humble cottage which to me  represents the humility of Jesus... The cottage is so plain, yet has the comfort of Heaven.... From the porch I see Heaven... I see perfection..... I see Lake Ontario.... Passing ships, the Canadian Skyline.... Just feet away from the bed  I sleep in is paradise ... HIS paradise.... Something ONLY He could create.... HIS GRACE .... And I received  it because we choose... Those of us Whom He blesses.... We choose ... To pay that Grace Forward... In ALL things & ALL ways....Bless others...Be Blessed...Pay it Forward...Reveal His Grace..... That ALONE is ALL one really need do.... He does the rest.....and He takes care of our every need as we serve and bless others in His name...... There is True Grace.... He desires it to define YOUR life.....as It defines HIS......




No comments:

Post a Comment