Sunday, July 14, 2013

"BETTER Now that YOU are HERE!"

I am bald. That's a fact....Mostly by choice...because I shave 'the' head every other day. I just do... I feel better, lighter with a smooth head....or maybe I know that my full head of blond hair may not be there any more :) either way... its me... and I'm OK with me! OK with you...OK with however God wants us to look on the outside. The inside is what HE  looks at, and  its what WE should "SEE" in others, past their bald heads,skin color,age, physical scars, missing legs and arms, faces and bodies of all shapes and sizes... Some of the 'prettiest people' I know are suffering inside, and some of the 'not so pretty' people I know are so incredibly beautiful inside that they radiate HIS presence in profound ways ! Well, today after an amazing worship service (at one of the  many Church's that I worship at) I stopped off at one of the members house which has not been in Church for a few Sundays. As I rang the doorbell, and called out her name, I could hear her usual voice saying, "I'm coming"...... and she did...she came...she SHOWED UP at the door. As the closed door changed to open, and 'The Voice" stood there before me....I didn't recognize her! But after she took my hand and led me to her couch... I knew it was her... ( I "Saw" the REAL her, past the physical!)...The person I came to visit...to "Call On"....Why I had went to call on her...only God knows.....This person has been one of hundreds who have taken me aside in church's, on the streets, in a variety of places and they have looked me in the eye and Thanked Me for being there for them and for others, God Speaks... and He does it through His Children.....I AM TOTALLY CONVINCED OF THAT. And so....I go...Go whenever & wherever the prompting is...... Some people tell me, why do you bother with this or that.....His actions through our lives are the answer to that question........ My Friends greeting words are the  answer that question. As I sat down with my friend, and looked into her eyes....(Past her newly shaven head !!) I could see that she needed Our Father's Love, and She confirmed that need,as she answered my very first question of "How are you?" My bald, female friend looked into my eyes and reached over and kissed my bald head and said.... "I AM BETTER NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE!"
   God has revealed something to me, and He keeps on revealing it...and it is simplistic in nature (that's why I qualify, and why YOU do also) He has revealed that HE desperately yearns to BOLDLY take His Love into hurting lives...and He wants us to "Show Up" and when we do...... His Children SEE HIM and they rejoice and they "Feel Better now that HE is  there"  My prayer is that you are compelled to go touch one life, just one.... and then 2 and then watch as God empowers you with all power and authority and all resources, as His Messenger.... Indeed you are no longer the old... You are anew in Him, and there will be NOTHING you are incapable of doing, for there are unlimited needs and sufferings in people....People who will tell you........ I am so much better now that you have come to call on me!!!! 
     As it turns out my Fiend has been recently diagnosed with Cancer and is receiving radiation, and chose to shave her head.....as we held each other and I prayed over her, and our bald heads touched, I thanked My Father for the choices we have and I pray that we make the ones which will bring God's Love into the lives of all we encounter. I for sure will be visiting her again soon, and I will recognize her this time and we will both feel better now that God is Here!  Remove the veil, expose His Face, Be His Image to others... You'll feel better.....way, way....Better... And God will transform lives through YOU.
    Gotta go....Someones at the door, cant wait to answer it !!!

2 Corinthians 3:16-18   But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate  the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment