Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 1

What a Great,Great, did I mention Great! Day! Started at 3 am Load bike,gear. Family drove me 80 miles to catch the Key West Express to Key West. Arrived @ 1230 pm. Tour town then head north on Hwy 1
No pre arranged place to stay rode til dark. Went with the flow.Found some great people who let me stay at the Big Pine Key Fishing Resort ( free, donated the cost of lodging, after hearing our FWM bike trek story.)
Turns out the owner, Joan Gladwell is a 77 year old, long distance touring cyclist!
Oh, One other blessing(actually 3) Three donations today,my 9yr old son Maxwell, daughter Brittney and Scott's Dad, Bill Bragg.
It Is so AWESOME to be part of the blessing that makes a difference. I hope everyone will experience that feeling!
Come ride with me by helping the Free Wheelchair Mission.
You will be helping others , not to mention the priceless gift you are giving to yourself. Believe me you don't want up deny yourself that gift, It's a life changer!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (cycling on AC's atlantic coast route)
















2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a 1st great day!
    More great news from 26003 - another $100 donation from a local Ohio Valley resident as a result of receiving the email send off!
    They're mailing a check to OV office, so not sure when it will get posted on your donation page.

    Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's adventure!
    Blessings! -w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle John! Good luck on the endeavor! I just got the link to this site. A funny story. I got lost on a TDY down there in Key West. I made 2 phone calls from the red statue pic (We called it the "big red butt plug"). We eventually stumbled our way back to the naval base nearby. Ahhh. Duvall ST! I did 2 airborne operations in the ocean right behind that monument thingy.

    Good Luck,
    Josh Warnick

    ReplyDelete